Saw this on Paint Square’s daily newsletter…passing it on.
OSHA cited Exterior Stucco Systems Inc., Wayne, N.J., with five repeat safety violations involving fall hazards at a Staten Island, N.Y., worksite. Proposed penalties total $61,600.
The company also has been added to OSHA’s “Severe Violator Enforcement Program” due to a number of repeat violations, the agency said. A repeat violation is issued when an employer previously has been cited for the same or a similar violation of a standard, regulation, rule, or order at any other facility in federal enforcement states within the last five years.
- maintain a safety program;
- fully plank scaffold platforms;
- provide a ladder for safe scaffold access;
- remove and replace damaged scaffold components; and
- properly brace scaffolds with cross braces.