Hot grill, gas fumes, blamed for Bretton Woods (Deck) fire

This is why we advise no grills on decks attached to Condos….

By PAT GROSSMITH
New Hampshire Union Leader

BRETTON WOODS – A three-unit condominium building was heavily damaged Monday night in a blaze that began on a deck when heat from a gas grill ignited fumes from a gas can next to it, according to a fire official.

Twin Mountain Fire Lt. Pat Bailey said the fire was reported just before 8:30 p.m. on Hartford Lane at the Mount Washington Place Condominiums.

When firefighters arrived, flames had traveled from the rear deck of the middle unit up the exterior of the building to the roof. It took about 35 firefighters from Twin Mountain and surrounding communities about 2 1/2 hours to extinguish the flames.

Read the rest here http://www.unionleader.com/article/20130430/NEWS07/130439920

Bill Leys-The Deck Expert

NEW PAPERLESS FAX # 805-856-1528 (by Hello Fax)

805-545-8300 Central California
424-235-3196 S California
831-244-0874 N California
www.concretefloorstore.com  gallery of concrete flooring, installed by CCW

 Learn more about deck waterproofing at  www.deckexpert.com
 
 Feeling Social?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s