Another Day, Another Grill on a Deck Ignites the House

Sadly we report another home burned because of a grill on a deck…

http://thechronicleherald.ca/sites/default/files/imagecache/ch_article_main_image/articles/B97462596Z.120150528222540000GHP9NLAA.11.jpg

A woman was trying to move a barbecue away from the home when it tipped over and flared, causing fire to spread to the deck and the back of the house, said Peter Andrews, a division commander with Halifax Regional Fire & Emergency.
No one was inside the home at the time.
“It was quite a spectacular fire when our crews got there,” Andrews said Thursday night. “The house was fully involved from the deck right up to the roofline because the siding and the Styrofoam underneath it are quite flammable.

North-end Halifax home damaged in fire | The Chronicle Herald

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s