Yeah, you read that right…the estimate is One Million dollars plus contents when an unidentified man placed a cigar into a potted plant to put it out. Most potting soil contains a lot of organic matter that can ignite, and this cigar ignited the soil in the pot, bursting into flame and causing enormous damage.
SIOUX FALLS, SD –
Sioux Falls Fire Rescue is ruling an apartment building fire accidental, and officials don’t plan on filing charges. A cigar sparked the flames, which led to more about $1 million in fire damage. The fire started on a deck of the third floor of a building at Penbrooke Place. Insurance adjusters are still trying to determine whether the owners can save the building.